Dr Christina Fraval
Orofacial Myofunctional Therapist
Christina has been practising osteopathy for over 15 years. She completed the double Bachelor degree in Clinical Science and Osteopathic Science at RMIT university in 2003. After graduating Christina moved to Canberra to work under world renowned paediatric osteopath Dr Maxwell Fraval. For six years Christina worked full time at Dr Fraval’s clinic treating a wide variety of clients of all ages. This included pregnant mothers, babies, children, some with learning difficulties, and adults suffering from chronic pain, migraine, neuraligia and other conditions.
Her experience and knowledge of Osteopathy has both breadth and depth due to the range of clients she saw, and the constant discussions she had with Dr Fraval about clients and treatments. A big part of her work in Canberra involved paediatric work with infants suffering latching issues, breastfeeding problems, colic, reflux, plagiocephaly, tongue tie issues to name a few.
In 2010 she moved back to Melbourne to start a family. Since then she has worked in various osteopathic clinics including Health Point where she worked with renowned paediatric osteopath Dr Dion Kulak.
Christina has continued with her professional development over this time. She has completed many extensive osteopathic courses over the years and is highly trained in Osteopathy in the cranial field. She has also completed phases 1-6 in Biodynamic Osteopathy with Dr Manulea Da Rin and Dr Robyn Seamer. Christina has a level 2 certificate of Global Posturology and is very proficient in foot analysis and fitting posture control insoles. She is very interested in the relationship of foot mechanics and the effect on the whole body. While in Canberra Christina completed a diploma in Practical Herbal Therapy through the Australian College of Phytotherapy which she integrates within her osteopathic practice.
Christina has completed the orofacial myology course run by world renowned Orofacial myologist Sandra Coulson and other osteopathic courses relating to retained primitive reflexes, developmental delay and other paediatric issues.
In addition to this focus on face, lips, tongue, suck and swallow, she has completed courses relating to breathing issues in children and adults, snoring, teeth grinding and children’s breathing programs. Christina has also completed osteopathic courses related to primitive reflexes, developmental delay and other paediatric issues.”
Christina loves working at the Melbourne Therapy Centre with the wide range of practitioners and is very passionate about helping her patients.
Christina has three lovely boys and enjoys the outdoors, camping and spending time with family and friends.
Some of Christina’s post graduate studies
- Biodynamic Cranial Courses Phases 1-6
- Paediatrics in Cranial Osteopathy
- Paediatric Feeding Essentials
- Orofacial Myology
- Diploma of Proficiency in Practical Herbal Therapy
- SCTF Learning Difficulties using Cranial Techniques
- SCTF Fundamentals
- SCTF Heart and Arteries using Cranial Techniques
- Children’s Breathing Courses
- Global Posturology Level 2, posture control foot insoles
- Primitive Reflexes Course
- Biodynamic Cranial Courses Phases 1-8
- Biodynamic Paediatric Courses Phases 1-3
- Breathing Retraining Level 1-2 and Integrative Breathing Training
- SCTF Fundamentals, Face, Dental and Learning Difficulty Courses
- Orofacial Myology Australia Course
- Paediatric Feeding, Speech and Mouth Development Course
- Australasian Lactation Course
- Interdisciplinary Approach to Children’s Airway Health